Employment Complaints Division (ECD)
ECD's main function is to independently and objectively analyze the facts and apply the applicable laws to complaints of employment discrimination filed by current and former USDA employees, or applicants for USDA employment and to then objectively and impartially issue Final Agency Decisions on the merits.
What We Do
Employment Complaints Division (ECD) monitors all findings of discrimination, settlement agreements, EEOC and MSPB Orders of Relief to ensure that all terms are adhered to and that the agency is in compliance with the terms of all findings, settlement agreements and Orders of Relief. ECD also remains current with all Executive Orders, and stays abreast of changes in EEOC law and direction provided by courts of law, and EEOC.
To enforce Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, 29 CFR Part 1614, MD-110, DR-4300-007, DR-4040-735-001, and all other applicable statutes, rules, laws and regulations.
Pursuant to the applicable regulatory authorities, ECD:
- Reviews Reports of Investigation and write Final Agency Decisions applying the above;
- Monitors all settlement instruments to ensure compliance with same;
- Analyzes complaints of non-compliance and write Final Agency Decisions addressing all non-compliance allegations;
- Addresses all remands from the EEOOC;
- Prepares reports outlining the progress of the division.